WELCOME TO BERLINBRIGADE.COM
The Berlin Brigade dot com website is dedicated to all the men and women who served 110 miles behind the Iron Curtain any time between 1945 and 1994 in the city of West Berlin, Germany.
Born out of the ashes of World War II, United States Armed Forces occupied the American sector of Berlin as part of the post-war agreements set at the Yalta and Potsdam Conferences by the World War II Allies (US, UK, & Russia). However, as post-war tensions rose to became known as the Cold War, once allies stood toe-to-toe against each other with Berlin at the focal point of that tension. The mission of the United States Army of Occupation in Berlin quickly changed from rebuilding a nation to curtailing the growth and expansion of Communism.
When the Berlin Wall was constructed the mission of the Berlin Command was again put to the test: the continued commitment of access to Berlin for all its citizens.
Thus, the Berlin Brigade was created in December 1961 when the units that comprised the U.S. Army Forces in Berlin into what became known as the U.S. Army, Berlin. The Combat Arms units that were formerly part of the Berlin Command were constituted into the BERLIN BRIGADE. The brigade became a subordinate unit of the US Army, Berlin.
The forces in Berlin remained committed to the right of access to Berlin, to protect the citizens of West Berlin, and dedication to ensure Freedom prevailed. Even after the Fall of the Berlin in 1989 and German Unification in 1990, the commitment did not end then. The dedication and commitment continues long after the withdrawal of US Forces from Berlin in 1994. It continues today!
Welcome to the website, please enjoy your visit…